The Continent Times is looking for an entrepreneurial editor, someone who can tell the most challenging and unheard stories in an interesting and caring way to our viewers. You will be in charge of the content news for our US & Latin America.
You will also manage a small team of 5 editors and will work closely with the Chief-Editor to bring daily content that would drive both profitability and users’ popularity.
- Recruiting, building and managing a team of 3-7 people
- Playing a key role in developing a vision for the digital experience
- Working closely with teams across editorial and product
- Developing workflows and assuming editorial responsibility for digital experience.
- 10+ years working as a digital editor
- 5+ years managing a team
- Strong writing skills
- Meaningful record of getting projects off the ground
- Sound news judgment
- Fluent in Spanish & English
- Experience on product-focused editorial projects
- Experience leading and participating in cross-functional teams
The The Continent Times LLC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
The Continent Times LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. The The Continent Times LLC will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local “Fair Chance” laws.